Biodegradable Straw Wattles create a temporary, three-dimensional sediment filtration structure perfect for construction sites, forest fire rehabilitation, bioengineering projects, ski slopes, wetland mitigation and other applications where storm water runoff is a concern. The 100% biodegradable product is spun blown into long, tubular lengths, are certified weed-free made and will turn into mulch as vegetation takes hold, without the plastic fiber residual common with other types of wattles. Bio-Wattles are recommended for permanent installations and may remain in place after completion of the job at hand.
- Up to 98% effective at reducing sediment migration
- 100% Biodegradable
- 100% Weed Free
- Assists with environmental regulation compliance
- Helps earn points toward Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design® (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ project certification goals
- Can be incorporated with live planting, live staking and seeding
- Encasement net flexibility minimizes accidental wildlife entrapment